My search as my family's historian & genealogy researcher is to find the missing links, and remember my family and their story.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Francisco Antonio Franco: My Missing Limb.

Francisco Antonio Franco: My Missing Limb.

My father is my missing limb.  It is like going through life with a missing body part.  Only it is a part of your body that you never had. But, when you see other person's with this part, you wonder what it would be like to have that part.
Francisco Antonio Franco was born to Narcisco Franco and Amania Jimenez Franco on 3 Dec 1929  in Caracas, Venezuela, SA. He was welcomed by a sister named Juanita. His father owned a brick factory in Caracas at that time and he was able, financially, to send his son to college in the USA when he was old enough to attend.
In the early 1950s, Francisco was sent to the USA to attend college at Perkinston College and then Pearl River College in Poplarville, Mississippi. It was while he was at Pearl River College that he met my mother and shortly after married her on 22 Nov 1954. I was born exactly nine months later.
Before my birth, my father went home to Venezuela for Christmas holidays and then returned to my mother and to college. He received a telegram from his family, a short time later, that his father had a heart attack.  He went back home and never returned to my mother. He did attend college at University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg.  I have found newspaper articles that show he was there from the early 1950s to 1971.
This is all the facts I know about my father and his family. On my mother's side of the family, my family tree is full and blooming over. On my father's side, it is like a limb of the tree has been chopped off and has no ability to bloom and grow...my missing limb.


2 comments:

  1. Your tree is the same as mine. My mother's side is in full bloom. Just recently learned my grandparent's names, but am now stuck. Hopefully we will both have success with our limbs. Thanks for sharing your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me chills, Dawanna. I hope that you can some day find out what happened to your father and possibly find a living relative.

    ReplyDelete